PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM CONTACT FORMS, TELEPHONE CONTACT AND / OR DURING THE COURSE OF YOUR THERAPEUTIC TREATMENT
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- The nature of your enquiry
- Gender (or preferred identity).
- Religion / Ethnicity / Country of birth
- Date of birth.
- Relationships and family (past and present).
- Occupation and education.
- Home address
- Previous experience of mental health treatment / diagnosis.
- Doctors name and contact details
- Medical conditions.
- Prescribed medication.
- Session summaries.
HOW KV THERAPY WILL STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Paper: Written notes may either be securely filed in a locked cabinet (or equivalent) or will be completely destroyed in a confidential manner after notes are transferred to an electronic storage form.
We may store your contact telephone number for the duration of your treatment along with any text messages or WhatsApp messages which we may exchange.
Supervision compliance with KV Therapy accrediting organisations (NCS), is required to attend regular supervision sessions with a suitably qualified therapeutic supervisor. Although aspects of your case will be discussed, your full name and contact details will not be revealed. All our therapeutic supervisors are bound by similar confidentiality and GDPR policies.
If KV Therapy believes you or another person or group of people’s safety is at significant risk, KV Therapy may contact the suitable authority without your permission. This includes your doctor, the emergency services and the mental health crisis team.
KV Therapy is also required by law to pass on information relating to acts of terrorism and ongoing abuse of a minor or vulnerable adult. KV Therapy will at all times attempt to discuss this with you before breaking confidentiality. In these instances however KV Therapy retain the right to do so without your consent.
ERASING YOUR INFORMATION.
All the information KV Therapy holds about you (detailed under “Personal Information Collected From Telephone Contact And / Or During The Course Of Your Therapeutic Sessions”) Will be held for a maximum of 4 years after your final session at WLPCS (or from the last point of contact if you choose not to go ahead with treatment). Your telephone number will be erased from a mobile phone within four weeks of your final session.
You have the following rights…
- To be informed what information KV Therapy holds (i.e. this document).
- To see the information KV Therapy holds about you (free of charge for the initial request and then £5 for every additional requests).
- To rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- To withdraw consent to me using your personal information.
- To request that some or all of your personal information be erased (though KV Therapy can decline whilst the information is needed to practice lawfully & competently).